Teacher of MFL (Spanish and French), Northallerton School & Sixth Form College
- Published: Friday, 08 February 2019 11:29
- Written by Anna Wilson
Teacher of MFL (Spanish and French)
1 x Full Time permanent
Apply by 10am, Tuesday 5th March 2019, start 1st September 2019
MPS / UPS
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented, committed and inspiring teacher of MFL to join the department in September 2019 who is able to meet the criteria below:
- A well-qualified teacher of MFL (Spanish and French) who can inspire and engage young people (QTS is essential)
- The ability to teach French up to KS3 (Years 7, 8 and 9) and Spanish to KS4 (Years 10 and 11)
- A commitment to high standards of achievement with a proven track record of excellent results
- The ability to motivate students, with an innovative approach to classroom practice
- A collaborative approach to teamwork, including willingness to contribute to departmental schemes of work and the spreading of good practice
- Excellent organisational and IT skills
- A passion for excellence and for the subject
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be a form tutor, including the delivery of PSHCE.
Northallerton School & Sixth Form College is an 11-18 school which has approximately 1,040 students (with 140 in the Sixth Form). We have a comprehensive intake, drawing students from the market town of Northallerton and its many surrounding villages.
We are a successful school, with many strengths and qualities, although the last few years have presented their challenges. In January 2018, Ofsted placed the school in Special Measures, although since then we have had two successful Ofsted inspection visits (in May 2018 and November 2018). All Ofsted reports can be found on our website.
Our GCSE and A-Level results are consistently at or above National Average, with many subject results at A Level being significantly above the National Average. The general conduct and behaviour of students is good, and their general work ethic is good, although in both these areas we are working hard to get better still. Most of our students are an absolute delight, and most are keen to give of their best and to succeed. We have a strong, committed and enthusiastic staff team, who give generously of their time and effort for the benefit of the students. The school enjoys considerable parental and community support.
We are keen to welcome you as part of our staff team, as we all work together to make this school the very best it can be.
An application form and a recruitment pack are available on our website www.northallertonschool.org.uk/vacancies
You would be most welcome to visit our school, please contact Sarah Boreham on 01609/773340 ext 227 to arrange a suitable time
Closing date: 10am on Tuesday 5th March 2019
Interview date: to be confirmed
We are committed to safeguarding our students. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community.